AC voltage controller
In this article we discuss AC voltage controllers, at some of the applications difference in voltage values will be the key property for the operation.
We try to explain some of the important points about AC voltage controlling components and the type of AC components.
AC voltage controller converts
The AC voltage controller is an electronic device based on power switching components such as SCR, IGBT, and TRIAC, which is used to convert fixed voltages to the variable voltage without changing the frequency.
Single phase AC voltage controller
- The figure shows the circuit of a single-phase half-wave AC voltage controller, it is a circuit used to convert fixed single-phase AC voltage into variable AC voltage without changing its frequency.
- The basic principle behind any voltage controller is based on the sequence of switching operations using powerful switches.
- The power switching components are used to convert the AC source voltage for each wave sequence of half cycle of input voltage.
- The circuit had control over the positive half cycle portion of the load voltage.
Single phase full wave AC voltage controller
- The difference between single-phase half-wave and full-wave AC voltage controllers is the usage of power switches in the circuit.
- Here at the single-phase, full phase, the AC voltage controller had two of the power switches for each of the half cycles.
- So at this circuit, both the positive half cycle and the negative half cycle can be controlled using this circuit.
Three-phase AC voltage controller
The figure shows the circuit of a three-phase, 3 wire star-connected AC voltage controller.
- Generally, the three-phase voltage AC controller can be connected with two connections, that is star and delta connections.
- The complete 3Φ AC voltage control circuit is made with two fast switching back to back to each phase to make the circuit.
- The working of the circuit is similar to a single-phase AC voltage controller, each of the phases will be treated individually using back-to-back power switches.
The AC voltage controller can be used for
The basic idea behind the AC voltage controller is converting fixed AC voltages to variable AC voltages, so we list the applications of AC voltage controllers in light of this operation.
- Light controlling applications
- Induction heating controller applications
- Transformer tap changing the regulator
- Motor Speed controlling
- Magnetic property controller