Advantages and disadvantages of microphone
The microphone is a transducer device that is used to convert sound waves into electrical energy, these kinds of energy conversion is an inevitable part of the devices such as phones, computers, smart gadgets, etc…
Different types of microphones are available such as dynamic mic, large diaphragm condenser mic, small diaphragm condenser, and ribbon mic, each of these mic model are been used in different applications with various features.
Advantages of microphones
- We can easily handle them on stage or anywhere
- The wireless microphones support the performance space at the stage.
- It can improve both safety and security when used in the voice activation system.
- Sound can be manipulated in real-time rather than a recording done at the earlier stage.
- When we use microphones for texting or typing on smart devices.
- Sound waves can be manipulated in real-time
- They are inexpensive in general
- Most of the microphones tolerate extremely high sound pressure levels.
- Microphones are rugged in construction
- Most of the microphones models don’t require any power supply
- Most of the microphones are small in size
- They are lite weighted devices.
- Easy operation
- Most of the microphone models had the noise cancellation function.
Advantages and disadvantages of voltage divider bias
Explanation for advantages of microphones
Easy to handle & better performance space
The microphone is made very compact and easy to handle, and the easiness of handling supports the performance space.
Microphones are the input device for public communications and other devices, so microphones convert sound wave into electrical energy and an amplifier circuit amplify the sound signal and made an output.
Uses at smart gadgets
Voice recognition is a modern-day technology used in almost all smart gadgets, smartphones, smart watches, laptops, etc… use this technology for many purposes.
Tolerate high sound pressure
Usually, all microphones are designed to withstand high sound pressure levels, so they will not damage the diaphragm of the microphone. The mic models like ribbon microphones will get damaged when we directly make sound pressure on them.
Does not require a power supply
Most microphones don’t require any power supplies for their operation, this is because it is a transducer that is used to convert sound waves into electrical energy.
Most of the microphone models had noise cancellation functions in them, so at the time of conversion from sound energy into electrical energy, noise cancellation is a better option to implement.
Disadvantages of microphones
- It had a limited number of radio channels.
- Voice recognition software is not as accurate for the applications
- Sound files required large memory space
- It has reduced performance at high frequencies
- The biggest demerits of microphones are the location where they used
Explanation for disadvantages of microphones
Inaccurate voice recognition
The microphone hardware and software used for voice recognition are not that accurate, this is a problem in smart device applications.
Large memory space requirement
The sound files required large memory space, during the recording process, this will an issue.
Location of application
The microphones had many applications at different devices and locations, so in which place they are used is a problem because if we use them at noisy locations, the sound recorded from that place is bad.