MOSFET bridge rectifier
In this article we discuss the MOSFET bridge rectifier, the circuit network is similar to a bridge rectifier circuit using a diode.
But the bridge rectifier circuit using MOSFET is way different from, diode rectifier circuit because of the difference in technical features of both these components.
In this post, we include a typical MOSFET bridge rectifier circuit and also some of the applications circuits based on the MOSFET bridge rectifier schematic.
MOSFET bridge rectifier circuit
The circuit shows the MOSFET bridge rectifier using four MOSFETs, we can see two types of MOSFET are been used at the circuit, which is n-channel MOSFET and p-channel MOSFET.
- The working of the MOSFET bridge rectifier is similar to the diode bridge rectifier circuit, as when a particular half-cycle reaches the circuit.
- One pair of n-channel and p-channel MOSFET products output and other pair off at that condition.
- The perfect opposite will happen when the second half cycle reaches, another two pairs of MOSFET switches ON.
- This is the whole working of the MOSFET bridge rectifier circuit, they had many limitations at practical applications.
- Due to this reason they had almost no applications in electronics.
- But MOSFET bridge circuit had applications at high switching circuits.
MOSFET H-bridge circuit
The circuit shows the basic MOSFET H-bridge circuit, the bridged arrangement of MOSFET will help the circuit to make high switching operation.
The MOSFET bridge rectifier circuit will be the basic operation principle of this h-bridge circuit.
This MOSFET h-bridge circuit had enormous applications at high switching circuits such as inverters, UPS, and power supply circuits.