MOSFET LED driver
We are going to explain to you the topic of the MOSFET LED driver, we know MOSFET is a powerful semiconductor device that also can handle voltage very well.
So MOSFET is a voltage-controlled device, the LED had very limited voltage value to run but MOSFET will driver them at some applications. The applications of LED driving using MOSFET are been at microcontroller devices.
In this post, we include some of the MOSFET-based LED driver circuits, that include p-channel MOSFET led driver circuit and n-channel led driver.
MOSFET LED driver circuit
- This circuit shows the MOSFET led driver, the driver signal comes from the MCU unit with high or low signal.
- Using this circuit, we are going to drive an LED with a specific forward voltage.
- The signal from the MCU unit will be voltage, not a digital signal, this is because the MOSFET is a voltage-controlled device.
- And the LED is powdered with an independent power supply with a specific voltage value.
N channel MOSFET led driver
- The circuit using n-channel MOSFET, they are been used to run dancing LED light using MOSFET to drive the circuit.
- At this circuit, a specific voltage is needed to drive the LEDs using the MOSFET.
- And also a 5v is needed to control the MCU unit.
- The MOSFET is used to maintain a specific amount of current, this will be done using the R1 resistor at the circuit.
P channel MOSFET led driver
- The circuit shown above is a model circuit for p channel MOSFET-led driver.
- The PWM unit at the microcontroller unit makes a pulsating signal to pass towards the MOSFET to drive the LED.