PCB full form
PCB is elaborated as a printed circuit board, they are termed as one of the important components at electronic device development, and physically it is a thin non-conductive board constructed using plastic, fiberglass, and composite epoxy.
When we consider the main purpose of PCBs, they are used to make mechanical and electrical support for the whole electronic device making and working.
The PCB offered mechanical and electrical support is for the arrangement of electronic components such as transistors, resistors, capacitors or ICs.
The proper arrangements of these components in a PCB layout with proper guidelines, which is been later developed as electronic gadgets in different shape and size, now a days PCBs are advanced way a head, which will help to build smart devices used at every field you ever known.
Construction details of PCB
The electronic circuit are formed at the thin layer of copper material deposited on the surface of the insulated board known as substrate, every individual component which is been placed at the PCB and solder each of them, which is to form interconnection at the PCB circuit board and function as a circuit device.
We have multiple types of PCBs are available in terms of the construction details, such as single-sided, double-sided, and multi-sided.
- Single-sided – components placed at one side of the PCB and other side is fully used for soldering.
- Double-sided – connections between the circuits may be situated at each side of the PCB, which is possible by made drilling holes through the substrate at locations.
- Multi–layered – the PCB board which is made up to more layers of the circuit board separated by layers of insulation, the components placed at the PCB is connected through plated holes at the board.
Placement of components at PCBs
Placement of the components at the PCBs are done with two techniques such as “THROUGH HOLE TECHNOLOGY” and the “SURFACE MOUNT TECHOLOGY”.
Using through hole technology all the components placed at the board and connecting each other by, each of the components may have a thin lead, which is passes through the holes are been soldered to connection clad.
But at the same time surface mount technique is also same idea as through hole, but slightly different, which the surface mount components is another category of components used only at this technology, so stubby J-shaped or L-shaped legs on each components connected directly to the surface of the PCB board and apply the soldier for the connection, so surface mount technique needs more care at the placement of components.
The surface mount technology offers many more advantages than any other technology,
- They reduce time consumption on the construction of PCB boards
- They minimize drilling at the PCB boards
- They consume lower space
- They reduce the size of circuit board