Using MOSFET as switch Arduino
In this post we explain about using MOSFET as switch Arduino, we know the MOSFET is called the most powerful switching element in the field of electronics. But when we use the MOSFET as switch Arduino, what are the practical processes that happened at that operation.
In this article, we explain the practical scenario of switching of MOSFET with Arduino and include some example circuits which MOSFET as switch Arduino.
MOSFET as switch Arduino
Before going to use MOSFET for switch Arduino, we need to know how to maintain the MOSFET work as a switch for a long time.
- To use a MOSFET as a switch, you have to have its gate voltage some voltage (VGS) higher than the source.
- If you connect the gate to the source you can ensure the MOSFET is at OFF (VGS=0)
- But the problem is you need to control the MOSFET switching with an Arduino board.
- For this, you need a logic level MOSFET, and this particular MOSFET works in (VGS=5v), It is the exact voltage we can have from a microcontroller board.
- And it is the voltage we need to turn ON the logic-level MOSFET.
- And also you need to have a resistor in series with the Arduino output for the protection of Arduino from MOSFET high current.
- This is because the MOSFET gate has high capacitance.
(LOGIC LEVEL MOSFETs: STP55NF06 and IRFZ44N)
MOSFET Arduino switch motor circuit
The circuit shows the MOSFET is used as switch Arduino motor control, this MOSFET here uses is the P-channel because of the presence of high current at the circuit.
MOSFET Arduino switch LED circuit
The circuit shows the MOSFET Arduino switches LEDs, n-channel MOSFET is used at the circuit with a resistor series with Arduino.